If you have curly hair, you may have heard of using a diffuser attachment on your hair dryer to enhance your curls. Here are some tips and tricks for using a diffuser on curly hair:
- Start with damp hair. It’s best to use a diffuser on hair that is slightly damp, so towel-dry your hair after washing it and then let it air dry for a few minutes before using the diffuser.
- Apply a styling product. Depending on your hair type and the look you’re going for, you may want to use a mousse, gel, or curl cream. Apply the product evenly throughout your hair, focusing on the ends and any areas that tend to get frizzy.
- Attach the diffuser to your hair dryer. Most hair dryers come with a diffuser attachment that you can snap onto the end of the nozzle. Be sure to use a low or medium heat setting and a low or medium speed setting to prevent damage to your hair.
- Gently place your curls into the diffuser. Starting at the roots, place a small section of your curls into the diffuser and hold it there for a few seconds. Then, move the diffuser up towards your scalp, continuing to hold the section of curls in place until they are dry.
- Repeat the process for all sections of your hair. Continue placing small sections of curls into the diffuser until all of your hair is dry.
- Use cool air to set your curls. Once you’ve finished drying your hair with the diffuser, switch to the cool air setting on your hair dryer and run it over your hair for a few seconds to help set your curls in place.
By following these tips, you can enhance your curls and reduce frizz by using a diffuser on your curly hair. Remember to be patient and experiment with different techniques until you find the perfect look for you.