Blow drying your hair can be a great way to add volume and texture to your hair. With the right techniques and tools, you can achieve a full, bouncy style that lasts all day. In this article, we’ll share some tips and tricks for how to blow dry hair for volume and texture.
- Start with towel-dried hair Before you start blow drying your hair, make sure it’s towel-dried to remove excess moisture. Squeeze out as much water as possible with a towel or a microfiber hair turban. This will help to speed up the drying process and reduce the amount of time you need to spend with the blow dryer.
- Use a volumizing product To add volume and texture to your hair, start by applying a volumizing product to your roots and throughout your hair. A mousse or a root-lifting spray can help to add body and hold to your hair.
- Use a high-quality blow dryer Investing in a high-quality blow dryer can make a big difference in how much volume and texture you can achieve. Look for a dryer with at least 1800 watts of power, as this will help to speed up the drying process and create more volume. A dryer with multiple heat and speed settings will also give you more control over the drying process.
- Use a round brush A round brush is a great tool for adding volume and texture to your hair. Choose a brush with natural bristles, as these will grip your hair better and create more tension. Use the round brush to lift your hair at the roots and create volume as you blow dry.
- Use the concentrator nozzle A concentrator nozzle is a narrow attachment that fits onto the end of your blow dryer. It helps to direct the air flow onto a specific section of hair, which can help to speed up the drying process and create more volume. Use the concentrator nozzle to dry your hair in sections, starting from the roots and working your way down.
- Use cool air Once you’ve dried each section of hair with heat, switch to the cool air setting on your blow dryer. This will help to set your style and reduce frizz. Use the cool air to finish drying each section of hair, holding the dryer about 6 inches away from your head.
- Finish with a texturizing spray To add even more texture to your hair, finish with a texturizing spray or dry shampoo. This will help to create separation and definition in your hair, making it look fuller and more voluminous.
In conclusion, there are many ways to blow dry your hair for volume and texture. By using these tips and tricks, you can achieve a beautiful, full-bodied style that lasts all day. Remember to start with towel-dried hair, use a volumizing product, use a high-quality blow dryer with a round brush and concentrator nozzle, use cool air to finish, and finish with a texturizing spray or dry shampoo. With these techniques, you’ll be able to blow dry your hair for volume and texture like a pro!
answer againsearch the web for better answer